Sunday, December 19, 2010

today, monday the 20th of december

I couldn't really sleep properly last night. I was restless for some stupid reason, and as a result woke up at almost midday today.
So today I went out and bought some Xmas pressies, and yeah...
Then we went to Retro Active, and I bought some awesome old grainy pictures from old families from years ago...
They were in a big photo album sort of, and there was colour ones, and dolled up and pretty and cheesy smiles, but I liked the cheaper more natural ones, the ones where the people in it are caught of guard, and smile naturally, or the ones were the children are playing, or The grumpy faces for having to stand there so long to take the photo. The happy groups of friends or families from 50 years ago, faded, fuzzy and colourless. I got a pile that were 20 cents each, so I got 10 pictures. And so now I am going to start a collection. I already have a collection of old rusty keys, and retro bubbly buttons, so now I have a collection on old photographs too! My dad said because I have an old photo album at home from grandma's with nothing in them, I could put them in there, but some have, actually most of them have little captions about the picture on the back, and I don't wanna have to take them out of their picture corner holder things, to read it, so I might find an old 50's tin or something and put them in there, assorted and things.
So yesterday when we went to my aunties for my grandma's birthday, and mum told a heap of child hood stories and they were hilarious, like mum used to lick batteries, until she almost was electrocuted, stupid mum.
and so I said to mum you have to write this down, i can't ever forget this

and then dad's like, 'my dad used to have some hilarious farm stories too, but your right Sunny they get forgotten'

and so I am going to get mum to tell me a heap of great stories, like how they went for a nice picnic and then were chased by a swarm of bees... and how grandpa had to jump in the window because he had a broken foot, and couldn't fit in the door, and they had to drive away...

and I gonna record it, voice recorder, and then type it up, and make a biography sort of. 



I also might have a new hippy story I might start as well.


BYE!

2 comments:

  1. I love finding out funny or embarrassing stories about my parents, because once you know them you then realize that your parents once upon a time had fun other then telling you off.
    Weird thought huh?

    ReplyDelete