Wednesday, December 22, 2010

today so far, thursday the 23nd

2 days till Xmas.
OK, so Frankie came over yesterday. She called, and said, "There's no jeans in my size! And I might leave soon, so are you at the Library yet?" and I was like "WA? No, because you didn't call to say it was OK!" and then she was like, "Oh, oh yeah... you better leave soon, cos I'll be going to the library soon, then again I might not... I might be still looking!" and I said, "Don't worry cos If I get there early then I have Picnic at Hanging Rock which I can read while I wait." and she said, "OK, good, alright bye!" and the pretty soon after I was leaving, with mum attached trying to slam greasy sunscreen on my arms, when I already had it on my face, and sunglasses, and a hat! But she succeeded, and then she pulled me back, and asked every thing that was happening, to make sure. ;-/ jjeez. Then I left. I read a bit of Picnic At Hanging Rock on the way, and then up the road, I saw Frankie crossing in my direction, and we met at exact same time, cool. Then we went into the library, and I went to the counter first, and said, "Hi, I have a book put aside called 'Chocolate Wishes'" and she got it out, and even though I haven't even read the second one (this is the third and last book in the Lulu Baker Trilogy) I wanted to get it before I went away. It's due back after we get home. It was brought over from Reservoir and it has TBP written on a sticker on the front saying below: Teenage Bestseller Paperback. It looks brand new, and unread. It has the TV show front image instead of original covers like the first two I borrowed. It has the girl who plays Lulu on the front, about to eat a cake in her hand, with shimmery silver stars around it, and pinkish orange peach coloured background. There's a measuring thing next to her, and little decorations with sundae's and ice creams. It says at the top: Now a major CBBC TV series! and then quite large (larger then actual title of book) Jinx. The Chocolate Wishes, below. At the very bottom of the front page it says: Fiona Dunbar. The back is the same colouring, and Cookie is on it, with a light glow surrounding her. It says besides her: Imagine a magical recipe to make all your dreams come true! and then below the blurb: As Lulu scales the heights with her enchanted recipe book, she discovers that the evil Varaminta is looming again- and this time she's joined forces with an international arch villain! Lulu faces her greatest challenge yet...
Then it says: Don't miss this thrilling final book in the LULU BAKER trilogy, now a major CBBC TV series, filmed as JINX.
Inside, apart from the obvious story and production rights and chapter contents, is the other side  of the cover, which shows in the background of blue, all the JINX version covers of the books. and above: Don't miss the other exciting books in the Lulu Baker trilogy, now filmed as JINX for CBBC!
Jeez they like to advertise the same piece of information alot don't they!
Then we went to the teenage section and sat down looking a shitty books, and good ones, and I went to the film and TV section and grabbed first 2 volumes of Sea Change (already seen, but will re watch) the complete 4th season of LOST, and then the last to volumes of season 1 LOST (all LOST episodes seen apart from the final season EVER season 6!!! NEED TO SEE!)
Then I grabbed a couple of other books: The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants also... ah I can't remember. But I also borrowed two books for Frankie because she forgot her library card, in fact she has lost it, will buy a new one soon. Then we talked a little too loud for the library, luckily without being told off, we shut our selves up, but couldn't help giggling when a 3 or 4 year old boy picked up Breaking Dawn with interest. He soon put it down, a little taken a back by our laughter's.
Then we left, me also grabbed a glass of chilled water from the bubblier thing at the front, and so did Frankie. We also ate heaps of mints, and walked down back home, going to The Red Door Corner Store, on the way, with me and no money, Frankie bought me a Orangic Phoenix Ginger Beer, and she got a Organic Phoenix Pear and Orange juice or something.  Mine was a fizzy drink, and hers not. then we walked the rest of the way home, I payed her back, we watched an old recording of Raising Hope, and ate Oreos and chedder biscults. then read a bit, and I wrote a bit of my story, she stayed for dinner, and we watched the live Raising Hope episode on ten, at 8pm and she was picked up about 15 minutes after it finished. Then we watched Summer Heights High, and went to see the Xmas lights a street near us. Then I went to bed, reading another chapter of Picnic At Hanging Rock, which means I have abotu 5 chapters left. Then I ate brekky this morning, am about to have a chai, and watched an old episode of LOST.
BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment